CSC 240: Computer Graphics
Lab 11: Intro to Blender
The goal of this lab is to make sure Blender is working. Specifically,
we will practice viewing and transformations in Blender.
- Make sure you've downloaded Blender (the syllabus says version 2.77a, but the newest version, 2.78a is out, so you can download that). When
you open it you get something like this picture:
- The first step is to make sure you can view the image from
different angles in three different ways. If you don't have a mouse,
you'll probably need to go to "File", then "User Preferences", then
click "Emulate 3 Button Mouse".
Then test out:
This takes some practice, but is very important for viewing your
images from different angles.
- pan: Shift - Alt - Click
- orbit: Alt - Click
- zoom: Ctrl - Alt - Click
- Finally, test out three transformations, using
the options on the left-hand panel:
- Translate: you should be able to click and hold and move the
- Rotate: click and hold to rotate the object.
- Scale: click and hold to scale the object bigger or smaller.
That's it, we will do our first full Blender lab on Monday.