CSC 240: Computer Graphics
Due: Sunday, Dec. 18, 11:59pm by Email
The goal of this extra credit option is to add to the public knowledge base of Blender
though your own tutorial. Note updated deadline!
Make your own Blender tutorial
Here is an example from last year to give you an idea of the final product:
Hershey's Kiss by Zhaoyan Lin
- Your tutorial should not replicate an existing tutorial. It should be on a topic that you can't find a good
tutorial for, something you've experimented with and want to share.
- Your tutorial must have video and audio (a voiceover with you
describing your steps as you do them). Screen capture is built in
on Mac through QuickTime, and here are some options for free
programs to do this on Windows:
Screen Capture Options
- You must upload your tutorial to YouTube or another
mainstream video site such that it is publicly available and you
can send me the link. The idea for this part is that you're
contributing to the computer graphics knowledge base and making it
easier for others to learn interesting features of Blender.
- I'll give more credit for a very sophisticated and/or
thorough tutorial. It doesn't have to be very difficult though, it
could be something you struggled with initially that didn't have
very good documentation. Or it could be an advanced topic previously only
described in words, but you create the video tutorial.
- I would encourage you to do this option only if you'll be
happy/proud to have your video on the internet
- Email me a link once you're finished!